We are the organization called PARENTS TEACHERS COUNCIL (P.T.C.) which is equivalent to P.T.S.A. in the public schools. Throughout a school year, we organize various events and activities.
The P.T.C. depends on the volunteers from the Daily & Saturday Division parents to maintain our projects for the benefit of our students and teachers. Please support the PTC and contribute any time or talents you may have.
1 ) PURPOSE OF PTC
- To provide our students fun learning experiences
- To help expose them to Japanese culture.
2 ) PTC’s MAIN EVENTS & SCHEDULE
October Sawakai (Tea Party for Teachers, PTC Board & Class Mothers get together)
|November||Cookie Sale (Daily Div.)|
|November||Fall Sale (Curry & Cookie)|
|December||Mochitsuki (Daily Div.)|
|December||Mochitsuki (Saturday Div.)|
|March||Cookie Sale (Daily Div.)|
|March||Spring Sale (Chicken Teriyaki & Cookie)|
|June||Year End Pizza Party (Daily Div.)|
|June||Year End Pizza Party (Saturday Div.)|
The PTC holds monthly meetings (to be announced) and invites all PTC members to attend.
3 ) MEMBERSHIP FEE
$15 / year per family
4 ) PTC MEMBERSHIP FEE IS SPENT ON
- Refreshments for beginning year Sawa-kai
- Post cards & stamps for PTC announcements
- Mochitsuki ingredients
- Refreshments for monthly PTC meetings
- Pizza & Refreshments, Fun Jump & Cookies (preschool) for year end party
- Plaques for teachers (5 years award)
- Preschool toys & other things
- Orei (appreciation) for teachers at the end of year
5 ) GRADUATION TRIPS & FUND RAISING
Fund raising:All money raised by the Fall and Spring Sales (Curry, Chicken Teriyaki & Cookie ) are used for:
- Graduating Field Trip for 5th, 6th and 7th grades
- Graduating Trip for 8th & upper grades
6 ) OTHER DONATION
Teachers and Staff submit requests for items needed for class use. In the past, the PTC has provided playground balls, preschool graduation gowns, piano tuning, VCR tapes for the library and contributions towards a Japanese computer program.